Looking for the perfect creative pet name?
Here are a few things to keep in mind when naming your new pet.
1. Choose a name you like and will enjoy saying. Your pets name is something you will be using a lot – especially if you are naming a pet dog or cat. So don’t choose a pet name like “Smelly Fart Breath” unless you are comfortable calling that out in a busy park!
2. Short names are generally better than long names. This is true especially for dogs and other animals that respond to their own names. Pets are more likely to recognize their own name when it is short (just one or two syllables) and unique. Although some long pet names can also be shortened into a nickname.
3. Make your pet name unique and meaningful. Some times its a good idea to wait a few days after you get your new pet before giving him or her a new name. This gives you a chance to observe your pet and find out about his or her quarks and attitudes. Choosing a pet name that fits your friends unique character will make the name more special meaningful.
4. Get inspired! Take a look at the thousands of pet names on our website to get your creative juices flowing. Try making a list of 10 or 15 pet names that are your absolute favorites – then narrow the list down until you find the name that sticks.
5. Be Creative! Its just more fun when you have a great unique pet name!
Our complete list of creative and unique pet names – From A to Z